Building and Pest: Pests Should Be Unwelcome Guests
4 months ago
Building and pest inspectors understand the adverse effects that pests can cause to a building. This necessitates carrying out a thorough inspection to ensure that your building is safe and free of pests. Pests and termites are notorious in all kinds of buildings. They have diverse life cycles that enable them to survive in a varied environment.
You may consider buying a building. Common sense dictates that you must get value for your money. Essentially, buying a house is a lifetime investment. As such, you have to get a house that is built to the highest standards. You may not be able to determine this by just looking. That is why you need the eyes of professionals like KTS Building and Pest on the Gold Coast.
Pests in buildings
All houses are usually invaded by pests, especially if you live in warm areas. Time to time, expect some pests in your homes. While some pests are not likely to be bothersome, a few can wreak havoc.
When pest invades in small numbers, they may not cause much damage as compared to attacking in massive amounts. The unfortunate part is that pests like termites come in massive numbers. In this case, they destroy buildings within the shortest time. Precisely, it takes less than three months for termites to render a home unlivable.
Effects of pests
The effects of pests are diverse. Below is a list of the impact that pests might cause
Destruction of buildings: some pests major on destroying buildings. For instance, termites destroy the wooden parts of the building. This will, in turn, causes the building to weaken. By contrast, rodents poke holes in the building. These holes are routes for entry of other pests into the house.
- The spread of disease: a good number of pests are disease vectors. They carry the causative agent of disease and therefore transmit it to humans and other domestic animals. For example, mosquitoes lead to malaria.
- Irritation: pests bite. The bites are painful and poisonous. Besides, they result in irritation and itchiness. Such a feeling is very uncomfortable. I bet you will not want to be uncomfortable in your own home.
- Allergies: few pests are notorious allergens. For example, dust mites can cause allergic reactions in humans. Dust mites like living in carpeted areas and dusty areas. They are minute, and you can only see them with the help of a microscope. Similarly, some people are allergic to rodents.
- Nesting in container plants: this is a common problem with ants. They will create their nests in containers that you’ve planted your flowers. This invasion might destroy your potted plants.
That said, what should you do with pests? Undoubtedly, pests must be eradicated or controlled. However, the best thing is carrying out preventive measures so that they don’t attack you in the first place.
Most common preventive measure is to practice cleanliness, timber treatment, and using the right type of repellent. While this may sound straightforward, it must be done with due diligence. The general advice is to get the help of a building and pest inspector.
Who needs the services of a building and pest inspector on the Gold Coast?
These services are recommended to the following categories of people:
- Property investors
- Commercial clients
- Property managers
Why should they get inspection services?
- Identify major defects
- Plan renovations
- Identify the most prevalent pest and damage caused – damage caused by termites in particular